Please pass this along to your friends and colleagues who may have an interest.
The International Business and Structuring Association is hosting an event where I, along with other industry leaders, will be covering the unique challenges and opportunities faced by businesses and investors engaged in cross-border transactions between the US and UAE. I hope you can attend.
When: March 25, 2020
Where: The Capital Club 4th Floor, Dubai UAE
Time: Arrive 18:30 / Presentation begins 19:00 (estimated 1 hour, followed by Q&A)
Members of the International Business and Structuring Association and The Capital Club may attend without charge. Other attendees are charged AED 150 and can pay at the door.
Come to the event and learn:
- How the lack of a US-UAE tax treaty impacts cross border business (e.g., US withholding tax at 30% on investment income; no tax relief for foreign pensions)
- US estate tax impact on foreign investors (buying a US property? Investing in US stocks or other US portfolio assets?)
- Sharia Law impact on UAE investments (buying a UAE property? UAE bank accounts? Inheritance issues)
- Benefits of RAK ICC entities for estate planning and cross-border structures
- Structuring cross-border investments
… and a Q&A session with the experts
All the US tax information you need, every week –
Just follow me on Twitter @VLJeker (listed in Forbes, Top 100 Must-Follow Tax Twitter Accounts 2017-2020).
Subscribe to Virginia – US Tax Talk to receive my weekly US tax blog posts in your inbox.
Visit my earlier US tax blog “Let’s Talk About US Tax” hosted by AngloInfo since 2011, it contains all my old posts. Some hyperlinks to my blog posts on AngloInfo may have expired. If you copy the expired URL, you can most likely retrieve the actual post by using the “Wayback Machine” which is an archiving service. Simply paste the URL into the Wayback Machine search box. It will show you the archived post was saved on a specific date. Click on that date to retrieve the post.